Here are some of the commercial highlights that I learned from the Chilliwack Commercial Real Estate Tour last Thursday:
|Prestige Place on Luckakuck Way Retail Lease Opportunities|
1. RONA will not be moving into the Cottonwood Mall space vacated by Target
2. Starbucks is expanding with 2 new drive through stores. The first in Edward Crossing on the corner of Yale and Ontario roads. The second in Vedder Crossing near/on the Fred's Custom Tackle site.
3. A new Vedder Bridge crossing is expected to be finished by the fall of 2018
4. Vedder Road will be widened between Promontory and Keith Wilson Roads to 5 lanes providing a much needed turning lane.
5. Berry Hill Foods are opening a plant in Chilliwack - the focus will be blueberries. Other companies making the move are John Deere, Enterra LNG, KFC
6. The University of the Fraser Valley is now able to to sell parts of its northern campus on Yale Road. Sized from 2 to 6 acres.
7. The 75 room Hampton Inn (2013) is well run and a recommended place to stay. A burger place is under construction towards the front of the property opening late 2015 or early 2016. The remainder of development has plenty of retail space opportunities.
8. Chilliwack has an estimated population of 85,978 and there were 549 building starts in 2014 with an estimated value of 120 million.
Tours like this one really help. Thanks to all the organizers and participates. It was a good time.
is an award winning full-time real estate specialist with 30 years of experience and hundreds of sales. Thinking of buying or selling real estate in the Fraser Cheam communities of Chilliwack, Agassiz or Harrison Hot Springs? Contact Steve (click here) of Royal LePage Wheeler Cheam Realty for experience, local knowledge and friendly service you’ll be happy you did.